MBA- at Glance:
- Established in September 2009 as a Department of Management, the department has successfully expanded in terms of multiple parameters. The department has been exalted with number of courses, a competitive selection process of students, faculty strength and infrastructure
- In a very short period of time this programme has become the choice for aspiring and meritorious students across the Indian sub continent with its highly career-oriented program such as Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- SITRC management is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi Government of India and affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University.
- Selection of students is based on valid CAT/MAT/CET scores, full-time degree from a recognized University or Institution. Consistent academic scores and managerial work experience are considered as advantageous. Candidates shortlisted on these parameters are further scrutinised through Group Discussion/personal Interviews. This process is carried out with the help of management practitioners.
- The Department has an objective to enable budding professionals to internalise the body of knowledge in Business Management and emerge with mastery integrated with social responsibility and ethical standards. While the MBA Program provides the students a rich blend of academic excellence, practical insight from industry and technology enabled infrastructure, MBA (International Business) grooms students with global standards in education that would prepare them to face cross-cultural challenges around the world.
- To adopt the latest teaching methodologies and devise novel programs in engineering, management and technology
- To empower each student with skills and hands-on experience, in order to promote employability
- To further expand our knowledge and expertise in ethical dimensions of business, leadership and social responsibility and provide businesses and the country with informed leadership
- To emerge as a significant provider of knowledge and align curriculum with genuine requirements
- To remain loyal to our roots and work closely with regional business groups
These include the “hard skills” of Economics, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Management, and Accounting, as well as the “soft skills ” of leadership, teamwork, ethics, and communication that are so critical for effective management. MBA students acquire these skills inside and outside the classroom. Since MBA programs attract people from very diverse industries and cultures, a program should be able to leverage these differences and translate them into learning opportunities.
An MBA degree program offers access to a network of MBA students, alumni, faculty, and business and community leaders. This network can be very useful when beginning a job search, developing a career path, building business relationships in your current career, or pursuing expertise outside your current field. For example, entrepreneurs need access to capital, business partners, vendors, and clients. Arts-related businesses need access to funding and strategic management in order to position themselves to be relevant in the marketplace. Global businesses need access to local business cultures as they expand their enterprises to new territories.
The MBA degree is a recognized brand that signifies management and leadership training. The particular school and type of MBA program you attend also have brand associations that can help open doors based on the school’s reputation. The strength of a school’s brand is based on the program’s history, its ability to provide students with technical skills and opportunities for personal growth, and the reach of its alumni and industry network. A powerful brand can give you the flexibility to make changes throughout your career.